Is Back Pain Permanent?
It’s a feeling of constant agony, always present in the background of life. No matter what you do, the back pain never truly goes away. It’s a burden you carry everywhere, weighing you down and making even the simplest tasks seem impossible. Chronic back pain can be overwhelming and demoralizing, but you are not alone. Millions of others struggle with the same problem. The most important thing to remember is that finding back pain relief is possible. Space City Pain Specialists can help you get to the root cause of your pain and treat it successfully.
What Causes Chronic Back Pain?
Back pain is defined as “chronic” if it persists for more than three months and impairs your quality of life. It can be caused by various factors, including:
- Injuries or accidents – Most injuries that result in back pain are sustained during sports activities or accidents.
- Degenerative conditions – Osteoarthritis, spinal stenosis, and other degenerative conditions are common causes of chronic back pain, especially in the older population.
- Herniated discs – A herniated disc occurs when the gel-like inner material of a spinal disc bulges out through the outer layer, usually because it is damaged. This often results in back pain.
- Spondylolisthesis – This condition occurs when one vertebra in the spine slips forward over another, causing back pain.
- Muscle strains – Muscle strains and other types of muscle damage can result in back pain that’s usually more temporary.
- Poor posture – Poor posture or improper lifting techniques are often the cause of developing chronic back pain.
Other underlying health issues, such as fibromyalgia or inflammatory conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, can also cause chronic back pain.
With so many possible causes, you must visit a doctor to determine the underlying cause of your chronic back pain and develop an appropriate treatment plan.
Can People Find Necessary Relief for Back Pain?
If you experience chronic back pain, it’s important to remember that you are not alone. Luckily, most people struggling with spine pain manage to find necessary relief and improve their quality of life.
The most common treatments for chronic back pain include:
- Medications – Over-the-counter and prescription medications like nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), painkillers, and muscle relaxants can help people reduce pain intensity and inflammation.
- Physical therapy – A physical therapist develops a treatment plan that includes exercises and other techniques to help strengthen and stretch the muscles in the back, improve flexibility, and reduce pain.
- Injections – Injections of corticosteroids and other medications can reduce inflammation and bring necessary back pain relief.
- Massage therapy – A massage can help relax tight muscles and improve circulation, which boosts healing and alleviates pain.
- Lifestyle modifications – Correcting posture, improving lifting techniques, staying active, losing extra weight, using heat and ice therapy, and other lifestyle modifications can help reduce the chances of chronic back pain.
- Surgery – If all conservative measures fail to produce the desired effects or the symptoms become too severe, surgery may be recommended to address the underlying cause of chronic back pain.
Back pain doesn’t have to be permanent. A medical professional can assess your condition and recommend the best treatment for eliminating persistent back pain.
Who Can Help Me Find Back Pain Relief?
Despite the challenges that back pain brings, it is essential to remember that there are a variety of treatment options available that can help manage it. With the right combination of medications, therapy, and lifestyle changes, you can find the relief you need to live a happy and healthy life.
You can get a personalized treatment plan at the Space City Pain Specialists. Here, our team of experts knows how to deal with back pain caused by a variety of conditions and injuries. We focus on eliminating your pain instead of treating symptoms. That way, you can get long-term relief that helps you overcome back pain and live your best life.
Schedule an appointment with Space City Pain Specialists and discover the best way to get rid of your back pain.