BurstDR™ is a different type of neurostimulation (spinal cord stimulation) that treats pain by mimicking natural patterns found in the brain.
How does it work?
- Pain signals travel up the spinal cord to the brain
- A generator, similar to a cardiac pacemaker, send BurstDR pulses to a thin wire called a lead
- This lead delivers these pulses to nerves along the spinal cord
- The pulses modify the pain signals as they travel to different parts of the brain
- The pulses change the way your body perceives pain – providing potential relief from the physical pain
Begin with a temporary evaluation
To see if BursdtDR™ is right for you, a short procedure can be performed. A temporary lead is placed along with an external battery for a short period of time.